Saturday, November 14, 2009

Chinese?

Well what make an empire so great during the age of empires?
1) Language
2) Culture
3) Scripting
4) Land
5) Society level?

Actually I just don't understand why people must look up so high at the west....
especially why must one have a Christian name?
Weather u are or u are not Christian why do u must have one?

Especially among the chinese who are so called trying to preserve the mandarin and chinese culture... but hey... u have such a pretty name like Lee XiaoMing.... the u suddenly go and change it to Bruce Lee....

Which reminds me of my primary teacher, Her name is Huang YiFern.... once she scolded me (in mandrine) "Liang Jie, you are a chinese, how come u never pass your own language? and excel so well in other language."...that time I was young...I was poor... the reason I was send to school is to learn... what kind of message she trying to send...

But what funny the most is, by uttering those words and she still called herself a person who "worship chinese" when she change her name to Mary Huang...it' s a joke of a life time.

Hello...it's ur name... when u die people will remember it.... when I die I wan people to remember me by my name OOI LENG KAI.... not john .... Rambo... or what ever rubbish...

even worse coming from a mouth of a person who study chinese as a major....and teach some more.....what a joke of a life time... where the love for your own CHINESE name.... the name your parent give... name is a gift... no mater how bad it is... it's ur name....

Personally I dun care... wether u wanna put arabic name or indian name or what ever... don't u think that we are fond to the west rather then more to ourself... night clubs... bars liquor... partying like nobody business.... I like all of this... but the question is why are we so worship them...
Is this what modernization mean??
some people talk about modernization and some talk about civilization...
and most talk about globalization....

Too many argument... no right no wrong.. just for us to pondering.... so tell me: a person who so called trying to preserve the his/hers culture, tradition and culture... suddenly have other culture name what does that make him... a hypocrite??

me?? I love who I am.... But I respect other culture... I go to most to listen to the "kuthbah".... I go to church to listen to the "sermon"... I go the the monastery to listen to the "teachings"...

we are human... what we are... we are as perfect as we are....

p/s:
I haven't seen in any religion that force one to change his/her name when one convert to it....
so u can keep ur birth name actually....

No comments: