Friday, June 18, 2010

No offense is just a though...

By: NOFX

I've no consideration,
Zero mutual respect...
For billions who suffer from...
Rational thought neglect...
I don't wanna waste a sentence,
I don't want a "convert"-sation
That's gonna end in disdain, disbelief and aggravation...

And I find it's getting harder to hang out...
With grown adults who actually believe..
In Santa Claus and Noah's Ark...
And that their god is the best...
My distaste has turned into detest...

Who would read a 2000 year old medical journal...
Techniques for bloodletting, advice on Trichinosis...
Would you navigate the globe,
with a map of a flat earth?
Without DNA testing?
Would you believe virgin birth?

And I find it's getting painful to put up...
With grown adults who actually believe...
In Unicorns and Creation, and God always takes their side...
That's when my innocent jabbing turns snide...

Thank God for the Grammy?
Thank God for the touchdown?
Thank God for blowing up the enemy's sacred ground?

So how am I supposed to take?
Anything you say seriously?
When you've swapped free will for faith, hope and pre-destiny...

And it's getting agonizing to hang out...
With grown adults who actually believe...
Mythology and history, trump physics and science...
My aversion has turned to abhorrence...

by:NOFX

No comments: